Bot Problems: xlocs/pickups

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ineffectual

May 31, 2000
students.washington.edu
I'm having problems getting my bots to xloc up to a ledge despite setting the "extra cost" to a negative number and increasing the max desirability of the item on the ledge (although does anyone know if this actually matters since the path doesn't connect directly to the object?). Wanderer mentioned that it might have to do with the angle that I'm trying to get the bots to xloc from so I was wondering if anyone had any information on that (from trial and error?). Thanks.

'Fect

Slim

Aug 21, 2000
Visit site
Since there is no botpath connecting your transloc start to the item, this is going to fail every time. The item you're placing may just need to be moved a little. Sometimes this involves moving it up, moving it closer to the ledge, etc. If you want, post a URL where I can pick up this map and I can take a closer look at it. I think that bot pathing is my biggest strength, so I could have some luck with your problem.

-AP

Slim

Aug 21, 2000
Visit site
I may not have made myself too clear...

The bot is going to want to have to go after something in order for you get him/her to do the transloc. Since you have no path from the xloc start to the item on the ledge, the bot "sees" no reason to go up there. The ledge placement may be partly responsible if it doesn't lend to one being able to see the item.

-AP

Ineffectual

May 31, 2000
students.washington.edu
There are path lines that connect the shockrifle to the translocdest but no I don't think the bots can see the rifle if they're just standing there... I'll try to change that and then post results.

'Fect

Slim

Aug 21, 2000
Visit site
Keep in mind that you there is the actor "translocator start" as well as a "translocator dest". Both of these must be used. In addition, you should put a liftExit near where the xlocdest is. All of these should have the SAME event->tag. This tells the bots that these pathnode actors are a set. Once you path define, there will be pathlines connecting all these with the item. Make sure these are the blue pathlines cause it's likely the bots will bypass if they have any other blue options available.

-AP