Pentium IV !!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

C¥BER PETE

Masterful
Jan 18, 2000
Visit site
I currently have a PIII 500 with 256mb of PC100 memory and a GeForce2 GTS...below are the specs on my new sytem that will arrive later this week....think this will improve my frame rates in UT? ;)

Pentium IV 1.5 ghz
128mb PC800 RDRAM
GeForce2 GTS 64MB ULTRA
60GB 7200 ULTRA ATA/100 HARD DRIVE
TOSHIBA 16X DVD ROM
SOUND BLASTER LIVE!
BOSTON ACOUSTICS BA735 DIGITAL SPEAKERS W/ SUBWOOFER

This will go my existing Diamond Pro 2040u monitor. I'm thinking about getting another 128mb of ram. I'm just wondering if I would notice a difference. I'm currenlty using 256 of PC100 memory but I'm wondering if the PC800 will make up for the 128mb. Any one have any idea?

WOOOOO HOOOOO!

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
I hate you....

May you burn in the hell of Intel P4 instability!! :p

Seriously though, are you paying for that out of your own pocket, or is GS buying you that ****?? If that's the case I'm gonna need at least a T-Bird 900MHz with 64MB Radeon to adequately allow me to do my -=Fusion=- map reviews ;)

C¥BER PETE

Masterful
Jan 18, 2000
Visit site
**Note: This in no way shape or form came out of my own pocket (i'd have to be on crack to pay for this!) I'm getting it for Christmas. :)

The reason why I went with a Pentium was because I did not want to risk the chance that my next AMD motherboard would not work with my GeForce card. I had a previouse experience with an AMD that was less than pleasant. (see this thread for details>> http://forums.planetunreal.com/showthread.php?threadid=29818 ) I know that lots of you (my local friends included) have had great success with Athlons but after what I went through recently with VIA I've bailed on AMD for the time being.

[Edited by C¥BER PETE on December 16th, 2000 at 07:24 PM]

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
You suck.... the only computer thing I'm getting for xmas is a 60GB hard drive.... not too bad, but definently not a spankin' new system :(

Insecta

Insectacidal
Jun 9, 2000
Switzerland
I'm getting an Optical Mouse, plus C&C (DVD Box Case big giveaway!) and Monkey Island 4. I managed to convince my parents that a Hercules 3D Prophet 2 MX 64 GTS (whatever it's called...) is a household item! Plus, they promised a new hard drive after XMas (my 19GB is full).

TwoHardCore

Feb 1, 2000
Calgary, Canada
yeah, maybe 5 fps :(

UT won't really see too many frame rate jumps. Well ok maybe 10 or 15 for you, going with a GF ultra :)

I would expect an average of 75 @ 1024x768x32 all details maxed of course!

Of course that will get you an avg of 150+ in Q3, Q2 or any other game, but not so much for UT:(

C¥BER PETE

Masterful
Jan 18, 2000
Visit site
If I get an average of 75fps I be happy as hell! I'm only getting an average of about 40fps with my current system. Please note I said AVERAGE :)

BishopASJ

Before the "consoles", there was Atari
Aug 23, 2000
Buffalo, New York
Visit site
really now...

This from the same person who duct-taped an external powersupply to his fidgety VIA (told you they were crap) so it would boot...

Even with the P4 and the PC800, you still won't be able to beat me :)

[Ci]Bishop