Importing Textures...replacement prob

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DragonAsh

Hentai-like
Feb 10, 2000
ok, heres the deal.
I want to replace the ut GUI wallpaper (the metallic Unreal logo) with a pic of my own.

Now I have already cut the pic up to the right size and made them pcx files.

Now when I import the pics and replace the old file (I named them Bg11 - 12 - 13...etc etc. The EXACT names of the old wallpaper), and i save it..well...the save doesnt take.

its odd too. Cause I deleted the umenu texture from the texture folder itself and when i load ut, the old pic is still there! Is there a default somewhere I dont know about?

I would LOVE to know cause i wanna change this pic

Fear the Beard

2 and counting...
Jun 10, 2000
Right over there.
Visit site
Those textures are a part of Engine package, one of the core UT components, you can't change those.

However, the background you see (i.e. the wallpaper) is actually a map called entry.unr, create your own map or use an existing one such as the Jungle intro map, rename the entry.unr map and then rename the map of your coice to entry.unr.

Hey presto, your new wallpaper is set.