Screenshot, for the second time :(

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WiLD2

W4NG
Here is what I'm doing.
1)Save screenshot
2)shrink to 256 x 256
3)reduce colours to 256 and save
4)fire up editor, open level properties
5)open the texture browser, import my screenshot
6)Package "MyLevel", Group "None", Name "Screenshot" and deselect mipmap
7)Under levelinfo for screenshot tell it to use that screenshot
8)Rebuild, Save, Test in UT... It doesn't work. No screenshot and I get a message that says "Can't find URL to texture package MyLevel" or something like that. Did I miss something? Could someone post a step-by-step list here helping me out? Oh yeah, the picture was in .bmp format the first few times I tried it and then I tried it in .pcx format... The level I do that to gets b0rked and does not work, good thing I created a backup of it, though :D

[Edited by WiLD2 on December 15th, 2000 at 08:02 AM]

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
You don't have to tell the level to use the screenshot-it will always use the texture named Screenshot, no matter what you put into that field. Have you tried saving before rebuilding, not after?

thats happened to me too. i had to get a friend to import the screenshot. ive also been having other problems with UT: no translocator in some levels (that other people get translocators in), but its there in others and the editor/UT crashes when i use the play map command from the editor. i really need to reinstall (ive been saying this for months) but havent yet. too busy to edit as well.

:(

WiLD2

W4NG
Save the texture pack?

Am I supposed to save the texture pack? http://www.planetunreal.com/unrealed/tutorials/inter/publish/ This tutorial doesn't say I have to, but maybe someone can look it over and see if the author left anything out :( I don't see why it doesn't work. I've opened up other maps in the editor to analyze them, but I'm doing everything the same way they are set up. Does the v436 patch have any known bugs with the editor anymore? I know on my other computer with the 436 patch, UEd still freezes up when you work with the texture browser open, but it doesn't on this one. This computer is running WinME and the other is Win98SE, if it makes a difference. But it's help with screenshots I need... I tend to ramble :)

Ineffectual

May 31, 2000
students.washington.edu
He got this fixed. You have to make sure that you name the texture "Screenshot" and that it's in the group None in MyLevel with mipmaps unchecked. Do NOT save the package, edit the level properties (F6) and click use under screenshot, then rebuild the entire map and save it.

'Fect

WiLD2

W4NG
That's right. Thank you all for posting here to help me out, my "editing coach" helped me out last night on IRC... funny thing is, I really think that everything I did last night is posted in the same order as my first post here, and nothing different. Thank-you for the help 'Fect, I appreciate it.