PDA

View Full Version : FOR GOD SAKES HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NaSh
13th Dec 1999, 10:51 PM
Please someone in this crazy world must be able to help me
Here are my settings
Athlon 500 mhz on a Fic sd 11 motherboard
Matrox g400 duelhead latest drivers
Sd live ! value latest drivers
64 mb of ram
13 gig maxtor 7200 rpm

I have tried both retail version and demo of this games I beilive there is nothing to do
Each time I try to start the game it asks me to select video mode wich are either d3d or standard I have tried both and nothing more
And each time I start the game it freezes at the UT screen the frist screen and locks there it just freezes. PLEASE HELP ME

Explorer
13th Dec 1999, 11:01 PM
Dude...chill /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
Did you download the 4.02 patch for UT? If not, do so.

Plex
13th Dec 1999, 11:06 PM
I am having the same problem. My system is:
PIII 500 - 256MB RAM - Ultra TNT2 - 7200 RPM HD - Diamond Monster Sound MX300
I installed and play Tribes with no problems at all. I installed and played Half-Life with no problems at all. I just installed Quake3 Arena. It looks beautiful and plays incredibly smooth at 1024X768, all detail at high right out of the box on internet and off, so I do not think there is anything wrong with my system. UT locks up my system as soon as I start it. I don't even have time to make any changes in the options. I start in safe mode with 3D sound AND 3D video disabled and it still locks up my system. The suggestions I have been getting are to reload my OS or get a VooDoo card. These ideas are insane. No game is worth that much trouble especially when all the other hot titles work perfect right out of the box. I need help fellas! THanks

DoubleKill
18th Dec 1999, 04:43 PM
try installing dx7 and latest vga driver in that order-

worked fine for me

make sure u use the latest ut patch 4.02