General Protection Fault!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Equinox

Jan 11, 2000
Visit site
Help...UT is suddenly giving me an odd error when I try and start it up:

"General Protection Fault!
History: WWizardDialog::OnBack <- WWizardDialog::Advanced <- WDialog::OnInitDialog <- WWizardDialog::OnInitDialog <- WStartupWizard::OnInitDialog <- WM_INTIDIALOG <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WDialog::DoModal <-ConfigUI <- InitEngine"

This first happened when I was in the UT desktop and clicked on Help -> Technical Assistance (or whatever it says up there) and it crashed. UT is patched to 432 and I've never had any problems before this. Does anyone know what the problem is? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Eq

Taker

UT Junkie
I got this info from this link:

http://www.ina-support.com/faq/ut_pc.asp

"During launch or while the game is playing, an error message comes up that mentions a 'History Error', 'Assertion Failed', 'General Protection Fault', 'Fatal Exception' or 'Invalid Page Fault in UNREALTOURNAMENT.exe'."
These errors can be the result of a wide variety of problems including low system resources, conflicts between the game and other applications, and hardware problems. Here's some steps you can try:
1.Shut down all other applications on your computer before playing.
2.Install DirectX from the game CD.
3.Update your video and sound card drivers with the latest versions available from the manufacturer.

The error may also be the result of one or more of the video or sound options within the game that don't work well with the hardware in your computer. To test for this, start the game in Safe Mode from the Unreal Tournament folder on your Start Menu. If the game now works, then you may only need to experiment with the options menu to find the feature that's causing the problem.
Hope it helps..........

Equinox

Jan 11, 2000
Visit site

I actually hadn't realized that there was a newer patch out, so I downloaded and installed 436 and now everything's running fine! Go figure. ;)

Eq