The Claw Gaming FPS shooter controller?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Dec 13, 2000
Aliso Viejo
Visit site
Has anyone ever used one of these?
http://www.ferrarodesign.com.au/
Here's a cut and paste from the site:
---------------------------------
If you play FPS games then you need the CLAW™. The CLAW™ is designed to be used, in conjunction with a mouse, to provide the ultimate controller set-up for First Person Shooters (FPS).
---------------------------------
I was thinking of ordering one, but wanted to get some opinions first.

Thanks in advance for any info.

DD

Goober
May 29, 2000
I have seen it before I am not that impressed. Their claim that you can have 9 programmable buttons at your reach is blah when you consider that I have about 11 keys from my keyboard at reach.

It does look very ergonomic, but you can get an ergonomic keyboard as well.

Netranger

Sep 18, 2000
Visit site
It looks good cause right now i play UT with a joystick on my right hand (sounds obscene) and my mouse lefthanded for mouselook. i am after comfortable layback senseless slaughter. mouse keyboard does not work when I am reclined
back in my chair. I want to see one live in the flesh before I make up my mind.

DD

Goober
May 29, 2000
With the CLAW™ you will be able to perform manoeuvres that are difficult, if not impossible, with a keyboard.

This I would have to see to believe. I am still not sure how they can make this claim. You can program a key to perform a set a actions on a keyboard.

you will be able to circle, strafe or rocket jump with ease. A light press of a button will be all that's required to unleash a world of pain on your enemies

Um i don't think the key to circle straffing is your keyboard (or your claw) I think it is more in the mouse.

Rocket jumping is a little more difficult in Quake if you have never done it, but how wil the CLAw help you?