teamgame skincheat/hack (image inside)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dyzar

Nov 20, 2000
Visit site
i saw this dude while playing assault @ tnx(v4.36) tonight
i thought these cheats was fixed with the 4.36 patch??
skincheat.jpg

no way u can see what team he is on:(

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
have you e-mailed the server admin?

How about some more details, like were there any skin packages that you were forced to d/l. Was anyone logged in as an Admin?

That's a real pet-peeve of mine when Team games are involved. It shows a real disregard for team mates too. Very selfish.

Dyzar

Nov 20, 2000
Visit site
it was on TNX Assault #1 (version 4.36) unreal://148.122.161.77:8007
noone was logged in as an admin and there are no skinpacks to download(im on isdn so i would have noticed:D )
it is a server i play alot on and i have never seen this before
they have not listed an admin e-mail... so i wouldnt know where to send it:(

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
No admin email addy? That's not an uplifting sign. Although I wouldn't base calling a whole server lame just cause there's no email addy for the admin :) Although I would be a bit more careful about it. The first thing I look for now is an admin email addy. If I don't see one, I don't join. That's just me though.

|C|onfusion

Experienced
Dec 8, 2000
www.online-combat.com
O yes my second post !
OK guys there is away to use the skin cheat regardless of the patch. (Im not 100% shure on this 1 but..) There is a program that you can download that will help you make skins.It will alow you to import a skin into UT. If you import say a skin of the head of Xan, and you put it on his chest, it will look alot diffrent. This will change the players overall color and look. The reason this is hard to stop is because the skin is still the same as the original, just placed on the model incorectly. I remember runing into a guy with the nickname "Freak". His legs had the soldier skin default head on the side.

pepslet

Feb 7, 2000
Visit site
Dunno about the skin thing, but (as a response to nightmare's paranoid thoughts :D) the TNX servers are usually filled with good/ok players (altough I only play on the ctf servers) :)

[Edited by Nitrev on December 12th, 2000 at 05:55 AM]

My_Oozing_Eye|PuF

The Original Brother Ooze!
Apr 7, 2000
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Visit site
possibility...

Hey Dyzar,

Do you have any skinpacks on your machine? The guy looks like he might be wearing a skin called "knights" ... it's basically a suit of armour. If the you, he and the server all had the skinpack it wouldn't download when you start the game... and it wouldn't be cheating....

Many times when skin packs are on servers no one knows becuase no one is using the skins...

Just a thought

MOE

Dyzar

Nov 20, 2000
Visit site
nope, i dont have any skinpacks.. only thing i have installed is v4.36 utbonuspack and eavys bonuspack(no skins only a few maps i think)
this is what his picture looked like in the chatbox:
skincheat2.jpg

looks like a cheat/hack to me

garrett

dreaming lucidly
Aug 23, 2000
wtf taht looks kind of odd, i haven't seen anything like that before so i can't tell you what it is

Aug 7, 2000
This 'combining' of skins......putting a Xan head on a marine body per example, is also disabled in the new patches........

Still, I sometimes see skincheaters too on 4.32+ servers..........
Last time I saw one I asked how he did that........he said that the admin was a friend of him and uploaded his skin package to the server.........

-Revenant