Matrox G400 TurboGL

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

disco07

Dec 13, 1999
Visit site
Matrox just released a new TurboGL driver that supports Unreal Tourny. Infact, when it installs the driver it will detect the UT directory and install some files in it. Can't seem to switch the mode to have this work, however. anyone do this succesfully/have an idea of what I should do? Thanks
Dave

alien8

Run, you magnificent bastard.
As far as I know, by just selecting the OpenGL option, it should automatically use the TurboGL driver. I've also got a g400 MAX, and installed the new drivers, although i've never tried the new TurboGL with UT.

To change your video options, start UT with the following switch:

-changevideo

In other words go to start/run and enter X:\UnrealTournament\System\Unrealtournament.exe -changevideo
Where X is your drive letter.

Good Luck

bullet2.gif

alien8
PlanetUnreal | ModCentral Unreal

[This message has been edited by alien8 (edited 12-15-1999).]

[This message has been edited by alien8 (edited 12-15-1999).]

IceStorm

Nov 24, 1999
I'm using the TurboGL on my system (G400 MAX, Athlon 550, 384MB of RAM) with UT. Tried it and liked it.

Pros - Runs smoother. I've got the HUD on, the detail on the skins turned to medium. I think the rest is pretty high. Average FPS is about 45 at 1024x768 (anything less is uncivilized).

Cons - MEMORY HOG! I've 384MB of RAM. I used to leave HL up in the background. I can't anymore - it'll lock the machine, or make UT run like a flipbook.

Gamma's extremely low. I maxed the brightness, and it seemed to be as bright as the darkest D3D setting. I had to up the gamma in the display control panel. If anyone knows the console commands for upping brightness, I'd appreciate it.

I sometimes get black squares where smoketrails should be, and pieces of polygons are missing occasionally.

Just my $0.02

Bmx

Dec 13, 1999
Visit site
I have come to the conclusion that openGL in UT dont work to well..use D3D instead....sure hope they come up with a new patch so openGL runs smooth..maybe its just my system OpenGL is Jerky on? /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bullet2.gif

He who walks in the shadow valley of death shall fear no evil :)

Krane

Nov 29, 1999
hehe - I have the OpenGL slideshow too.

But I think it's something specific to my system, as every game I have locks up in OpenGL after 3-10 minutes. :p

I think the Gamma problem is somehow inherent in the OpenGL support, as both UT and WoT have it.