Hardware T/L support

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Just ran across this article on voodoo extreme, I know it's old, but I saw the link on HardOCP:

http://www.voodooextreme.com/article.taf?articleID=121

Are there any plans to introduce hardware T/L support into Unreal Tournament, or will we have to wait for the next game? I knwo the rest of the features will probably be a ways off, but optional HW T/L support would give a big speed boost. Anyone hear anything?

alien8

Run, you magnificent bastard.
I would be very surprised if Epic ever incorporated Hardware T&L into Unreal Tournament. Lets face it, UT is over a year old, and more than likely will only see such things as major bug/cheat fixes from now on.

And I don't have a hardware t&l card, so it doesn't matter to me, even if they do ;)

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Cliffy B already addressed the fact that no new features of that kind (I believe he mentioned Hardware T&L specifically) would be introduced to UT.

Does anyone besides me remember that Unreal had T&L support and it ended up getting turned off?

Game0rz

May 13, 2000
yeah, im assuming there will be few if any major updates done to UT anymore.

Game0rz

May 13, 2000
hal i never played unreal, but was HARDWARE T&L in there?
or just plain ol' T&L?
geforce was the first card w/ hardware t&L i think if im not mistaken.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Originally posted by Little-Zen
ah well. I suppose that means there will be something to look forward to in whatever their next project will be called, eh? Thanks for the responses guys.

you can call that little Epic project Unreal Warfare.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
GameOrz...it was not hardware....just T&L. It killed framerates...but it was in there. I remember seeing pics of real-time shadows in an Unreal DM map (forget which one). Very cool