Sound cuts out and all i get is loud crackling

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BuckWildChicken

Dec 11, 1999
Visit site
I have a monster sound mx 300 and after playing for about 30 min i get a really bad crackling, jumble of bad noises... after i restart my comp i goes away for another 30 min or so... can anyone help?

thanks

[FoL]S.A.M

Dec 11, 1999
www.gamehelper.com
Now this may or may not help....but I had the same problem with the same sound card and I was able to solve the problem, but dangit.....I can't remember how! I believe I reinstalled the card....the drivers, and software. I think that fixed it....not sure though...I also messed around with the sounds settings i.e. 3dhardware and use surround. Try it and let me know.

bullet2.gif

SecretAsianMan
coming soon: gamehelper.com

Bugsy

Nov 10, 1999
North Richland Hills, TX
Visit site
I have an MX300 as well and found that the surround setting seams to work better than the 3d. It does take a hit of about 4 fps less, but not as bad as 3d and sounds better with a four speaker set up. For some reason, they just can't get the A3d to work well in UT. Oh, I'm using the newest ref drivers from Aureal. They work fine on the Diamond card.

kraftwerk

Dec 15, 1999
Visit site
Try turning off DirectSound support in your sound control panel. I had this problem with Half-Life, and this procedure seemed to fix it.