My only beef with UnrealEd....can't search for specific textures

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Aquahutch

Jan 22, 2000
Visit site
So I'm wondering....has anyone out there ever taken the time to list and/or outline all the textures in each texture package, and post it on a web site for viewing, downloading or printing. It would be a handy thing to have around since UnrealEd has no texture search window.

smally

Jan 30, 2000
Weaverville, NC USA
Visit site
I also found a great UTX-viewer at http://www.planetunreal.com/fordy

I had downloaded a Texture preview program before but all that the program did is let you convert all your textures to .jpg format or .gif but that required alot more hard drive space than i had to spare.

But the UTX-viewer @ fordy's site is great it doesn't convert them but instead the program lets you view them right out of the texture package without loading it in Ued. And the textures pop up just as soon as you select the package. So there's really no need for a web-page to tell you what's in them when you can just as quickly click on a package and see for yourself! What a great utility for us mappers :)

Really folks this is a must download.