Problem: Voice messages display, but no longer play sound

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Temporary Account

Temporarily Permanent
Jan 25, 2000
cosmicmonstersinc.com
So, sometime last month or a little before, I noticed that, while the voice messages ("Incomming", "I've got your back", etc...) still display in the chat box, I no longer hear the messages. I tried reinstalling my sound drivers, and even reinstalled UT to no effect. So I figured it was something funky with my 'puter, since Win98 is dying on me anyways.

Well..I recently installed UT at work. And of course, I copied my home .ini's (UT and User) to the machine. Lo and behold, the same problem occurs there! So, I figure that somewhere in my .ini's is a flag that has been set that is causing this problem.

If anyone has delved deep into the config files for UT and knows where I can flip the bit for this little feature, I'd greatly appreciate getting the voices back ;)

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Temp you tried to look in the audio options within UT yet? I seem to remember some kind of setting in there...where you can disable voice. I'll check.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Okeeee try this
in UT >preferences>audio settings (not advanced but within game)make sure that that the play voice messages field is set to anything other then none. This is the only thing that comes to mind. If you've already tried this then well probably need to look deep in the advanced options like you said.