Changing textures on movers problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Collateral Damage

Mar 29, 2000
Visit site
Hi , I select show polys on some movers ,some doors actually , then after I've apllied a new texure to the mover and rebuilt it ...I go into UT to test it and find the entrance to the door is blocked and a large hom effect is present ..did epic introduce the ability to show the mover's textures so we could retexture them ...u would think so ..but no matter how many times I try i cannot :(

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
It seems there are a lot of errors that occur dependent on the level. When I tried Show Polys, it worked without any problems. Did you do a complete rebuild? If so, did you change anything else since your last build?

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
I found show polys very useful.
But it's a bit buggy...
You have to move your mover away from any other geometry before using show poly. Otherwise U will get some carnival feeling with those nice HOMs. If you leave the mover in place and show poly and you don't rebuild it's the same case.

Collateral Damage

Mar 29, 2000
Visit site
Yes I also added some coronas to a few lights nearby before rebuilding ...I rebuilt geometry/bsp/lighting .I didn't move the mover brushes before trying to retexture them so maybe this is it ...thanks for the pointers guys ...I'll try again ..cheers

Collateral Damage

Mar 29, 2000
Visit site
Its no good it doesn't work no matter what i do ...I tried moving the mover brush >retexturing > moving it back into place and a full rebuild and it totally destroyed the map ...thank god I have a back up copy .Unless there is some 'trick' I'm missing it would seem to a 'feature' that has no function or worth ....seems strange that u get the option to view textures on a mover in real time and yet can't do anything with them :(

ps why doesn't anyone from epic ever come into forums and give some help ? The id guys @ Quakeworld forums often do ...

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
There's got be some obscure and strange thing wrong about your map. Whenever I tried it, it never damaged the map in any way. What kind of a mover is it?

Collateral Damage

Mar 29, 2000
Visit site
The movers in question are sliding doors ...four of them in the map ..they are 2 part doors .After retexturing them All of them are blocked and a large hom effect is presennt at each .Its a ctf map and its aleady zoned ,a zone portal is ~80 units from each door ....but there appears nothing wrong with any of these portals .The map has no bugs in it anywhere else as far as I know ...I've fixed a few bsp problems along the way but everything is fine now ....The map is done but the texture I got on the door is wrong one so need to put a proper door texture on before release .I even resorted to deleting all the brushes ...constructing them again from scratch ...full rebuild then same problem ..its really strange ...I suppose I could release the map with wall textures on the doors but it wouldnt look right ... :(

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
Did you re-build your map from scratch in a new file or in the existing file? Perhaps the .unr is corrupted or something. You could also try exporting your map and importing it back in again.

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
Try copying and pasting the doors into a clear area and/or map and making polys visible there.

If nothing else works you should rebuild the movers. :(