The one's in charge of this just became my heroes !!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zaqwer

Experienced
May 12, 2000
Swe
Visit site
I just read about FragPU starting up Assault(ATB) server(s)
YESSSSSSS!!
I hope it works out well and that many ppl go playing there, and I'm sure it will be superfun!!(Hopefully more ppl will learn that although AS is hard , once u learn , it realy really rocks)
It is so nice to see some AS going on in this ,otherwise so CTF-focused world.

The only sad thing for me is that I don't have any internetconnection at home for the moment(Damn girlfriend wanted her modem back!), so I can't go there.
But when i'm hooked up again: Watch out!

Again: u are now my heroes.

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
I hadn't played Assault since I beat the single player game like 8 months ago. The other day I decided to check it out for the heck of it. I got on a server... the map started... I grabbed a bunch of weapons and headed over to the boat and I see that my team had conquered all the objectives and the map was over in like 20 seconds. I didn't get to fire a single shot.

You can just jump in a random CTF or Dom map and figure it out as you go along, but for Assault, you really got to hit in in single player and figure out a route before hand or you miss all the fun.

Assault is probably the best idea in the UT package, and the maps are really clever, but its really not for the casual gamer, like myself.

Aug 7, 2000
AS ownz joo..........but you really need lots of practice if you want to keep up with the 1337 players........

Assault players must know every corner of the map and every trick possible in a level..........and BTW...did you say 20 seconds Boom? My personal record for Frigate is 21 seconds.........haven't seen anyone doing it faster...

I recently quit playing AS because there are only a few PuF's playing it........I still thinks it's the best gametype ever.....

(Also try AS-Planeshifter........it's a kind of single player mode......you have 1 hour timelimit........it's a complete story......you need to complete different quests.......well, download it and see for yourself)

-Revenant