PDA

View Full Version : Vipver V770 Issues

Ooter
11th Dec 1999, 04:22 PM
If there is ANYBODY out there who has gotten a diamond viper v770 to work with direct 3d in Unreal Tournament, I'll be very happy /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif How did you get it to work? I think that I need to know which driver you are using to make it work. UT always tells me that the only supported renderer is software. If I try to force d3d, it still loads up software. If I use OpenGL, the games graphics look correct, but It has to constantly load stuff and I get about 4 fps on average. Unplayable. I get about 45 on 640x480 software. I have tried both Diamonds drivers released 12/10/99, and also the Nvidia detonator drivers (ver 353).

Ooter
11th Dec 1999, 04:24 PM
One more note, the card runs quake 1, 2, 3, half life, everquest, ultima 9 all perfectly. I am on a PII 450 with 128 ram, an 11.5 gig hd (2 gigs free). Abit bx6 motherboard, and dx 7. UT version 402

Tanqueray_boy
11th Dec 1999, 06:24 PM
It worked for me on the demo and the full version. I used 2.08 and 2.40 versions of the drivers. With 128M of RAM, I had slow load times and delays between levels, but the framerate was 35fps at 1024x780.

After you force D3D (you have to on UT 400 because of the CD check), how do you know that you are running the software renderer? If you are getting 45fps, that sounds like D3D, not SW. Did you look in the user settings to see what it said you were using?

My tips for getting it to run: let Windows run your virtual memory, don't muck with the advanced settings, don't use detail textures, don't use 3D audio, get as much RAM as you can afford (up to 256M) and don't overclock your machine.

Ooter
11th Dec 1999, 08:59 PM
Well I got it to work. FOR ALL OF YOU TNT 2 OWNERS THIS IS HOW TO MAKE IT WORK!!!

FIRST: Make sure you have DirectX 7 installed!!!

SECOND: Uninstall Unreal Tournament

THIRD: Reinstall UT, and then before running the game, install the patch

FINALLY: Run UT, pick d3d as your renderer, and voila! It works perfectly!