Bots really anger me, need help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Milambyr

Oct 25, 2000
PA
milambyr1134.tripod.com
Ok tell me if i just suck or what, but if i play a practice session on Inhuman and on my good days Godlike with just 1-3 bots i can kick their butts and win. But if i play with like 4-16 bots, i get my frickin arse kicked because they ALL come after me, it's like once i enter the room they stop fighting eachother and all a sudden i got 4 or more bots on me. What are some tips to get around this? How do i get better at multi-inhuman bot attacks without being a biznotch and sniping from afar? Like I said, i can whip em when it's 1 on 1, or 2 on 1, but when it's 4 on 1 it's insta-death, i have no chance in hell. And it really pisses me off how they all come after me when i enter a room...

Collateral Damage

Mar 29, 2000
Visit site
Dude the problem you are having with the bots is due to the way they are programmed to roam the whole level and the evenly spaced spawnpoints in the maps ...it garauntees that ,if you have a large number of bots ,then one or more will be near you at all times .Inhuman and Godlike bots attack on sight and kill quickly so it seems they are all on to you alone .
I personally play on Inhuman against 8 bots and always win ,any more than 8 though and its too crowded in most maps and results in constant deaths ....godlike bots in any numbers is just silly because of their incredible accuraccy...u'know killed by enforcer from 100m away ...
My advice ..try 5 Inhuman bots on the medium maps ...u can click on a button to select onbly the medium maps to rotate ...and when you win more times than not .....go on to 6 then 7 etc until you can barely win at all .
If you develop the efficieny to thrash inhuman bots by large mrgins ..say 20 frags in a 50 frag limit match ...then you'll be a monster in online FFA as long as ur ping is good ...hope this helps....

Milambyr

Oct 25, 2000
PA
milambyr1134.tripod.com
Yeah sounds like a good plan...so yer saying that they designed the bots so that as soon as you walk into a room they all target you? Thats messed up...I dunno, i still have the urge to put 16 bots on a small map on novice and beat the crud outta em, it makes me feel...buttery...
But anyway i will try what you said and see what happens.
Late

Robo-Junkie

Ghost of Robo-Past
Apr 30, 2000
IN
uhmm..... I'd have to say nope with the idea that bots target only you the second you walk in a room. I play with the higher level bots all the time, & a lot of the time if we're fighting & a couple of other bots come barging in, the bot I was fighting will sometimes ignore me completely & take on the new bots, even if I am still shooting at it. Sometimes, it will keep fighting me until the new bot kills it. It doesn't seem to have any actual pattern. I think this is just something that was put in to make them more human. After all, not everyone concentrates on an old target when 2 new ones come into the room.

Just a thought

Robo-Junkie

Ghost of Robo-Past
Apr 30, 2000
IN
Honestly, I wouldn't know how big his ass is...

It's actually the body of the main character from american pie with gore's head pasted on. :)

Forgo

Nov 20, 2000
Visit site
lol... nice pics

mmh perhaps u might configure the bots manually if u haven't done it so far.
I think there are many options ... so as favourite weapon and so on.

Perhaps it helps perhaps u suck
*just kidding*