Trouble installing Detonator 3.53.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ASmurf

Dec 5, 1999
Visit site
Hehe...I tried em all. 2.08,3.53,even 3.6x for my celeron366@458 TNT. The fps are all about the same and for 2.08 there's few bugs (none in OpenGL mode).
Stick with 2.08, I've had problems with 3.53 with other games.

Cryton

Loafing Bast
Nov 11, 1999
London, UK
www.fce2.eu
gotta disargee

on my system (amdk6-3 450, 256meg ram, TNT2 ultra) the 3.53 drivers improved frames per second and sorted out SO many problems I was having with UT.

As for other games, can't comment. All I play is UT =)

Hammer

Dec 6, 1999
Greensboro, NC, USA
Visit site
I was have problems with texture coruption and the tech page said to update to the latest TNT2 drivers? When I tried to install the 3.53 driver I get a number of error messages and the recovery is not very graceful. I am currently running 2.08. Is it really worth upgrading or will I have the same problems. Is anyone else having problems installing the 3.53 drivers. I had no problems installing the 2.08 drivers.
System: Dell PIII/600/TNT2/128Meg
Thanks

Krane

Nov 29, 1999
Here's the standard reply:
Make sure you change your display adapter (in the advanced setting of the display properties) to "Standard PCI VGA Adapter", then reboot, then install the new drivers, then reboot.

Since that's probably what you did already, You might want to consider doing some registry hunting after you change the adapter to see if you have conflicting keys. I had a problem once where the system crashed in the middle of the drive update and I had to manually remove everything related to the video card from my registry before I could get a clean driver install.

Hope this helps.

(of course, as I look back at this post I realize how little content there actually is, sorry)

Hammer

Dec 6, 1999
Greensboro, NC, USA
Visit site
Well, I upgraded my work machine which is TNT1 and it worked fine. I'll try again at home. By the way, the problem I have is extreme texture coruption in the distance. I assume it is the mipmapping problem described on the UT Tech page. It doesn't happen as quickly if I notch the settings down but eventually it creeps in even at lower settings. I hope 3.53 will correct the problem. Thanks for the feedback.

Hammer

Dec 6, 1999
Greensboro, NC, USA
Visit site
I went the motions again at home and the results were the same (insanity!). I guess I'm stuck. I did try searching for and removing any registry entries for Nvidia but that didn't seem to help.

Nerf Crotchbat

Nov 29, 1999
Mt. Pleasant, MI US
Hammer, I think the same thing happened to me. I'd been using Detonator 2.08 until I tried to update them to 3.53. When I tried, the installer told me it couldn't detect my (STB Velocity4400 TNT 16meg) chip. It then proceeded to reboot my system, leaving me with nothing but a VGA setup. I had to reinstall the 2.08 to get it back. Haven't tried it again since.