WIN Me, everything slows to a crawl, HELP!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Discontent

Apr 5, 2000
Visit site
I upgraded my pc to WIN Me and since then, UT starts out with good speed but then as game play goes on, things slow way down and the screen and the sound get choppy. Kinda like .....start, stop, start, stop.....????? I have to exit the game and come back in but, then it will do the same thing again after a short time. Can anyone help me here??? is it a WIN Me setting? I have a Pentium III 650 on an Intel Seattle motherboard with 128 Meg of Memory and a Vodoo 3 3500 video card. Am also running UT patch 432 and Direct X 8. Hard drive has 2+ gig of space left.

Sir Robin

Utter st00b
Sep 4, 2000
Visit site
Run msconfig and disable the system monitoring, the pc health crap, ssdpsrv, and statemgr. WinMe runs much better when you get rid of all that crap. Also, update you drivers for all of your hardware.

The_Apocalypse

Nov 8, 2000
I have one thing to say about WinME, TWEAK IT,
using many site I have managed to tweak winme so my ping is 10-20% lower with "NO" packet loss (one problem I had before tweaking). Overclock your voodoo, and ajust UT for good performance. Now ME runs circles around Win98, look I have a 56K dail up, my ping got so low I was accused of having an ISDN line (on a barrysworld server)