PDA

View Full Version : strange graphical fault with tnt2 and ut

raydioactive
8th Dec 1999, 05:28 PM
Hi, I have a strange graphical fault that sometimes occurs with unreal tournament. What happens is that as i move forwards the top layer of the correct texture overlays onto a lower texture, and as i move backwards the reverse happens. On some maps the underneath texture contains the faces of the ut characters (no i'm not joking). If i re-load the program this will usualy cure it, but it ran domly occurs when you load it up. Has anyone else seen this problem, and is there a setting i can alter to get rid of it. Sysyem is:- cel 466@525, 128mb ram, standard tnt2, detonator 2.08 drivers. Thanks.

HellCat
8th Dec 1999, 06:25 PM
In my experience, video artifacts can be caused by poor drivers or a HOT video card. Insure you have good air cirulation around your video card. Even if your not OC try mounting a fan over video card. The increased polygon count of UT may cause a heat sensitive condition in your video card to manifest itself, where there was no artifacts before.

flipcyde
8th Dec 1999, 06:58 PM
is the built-in fan, that comes with the diamond riva tnt2 ultra, good enough?

raydioactive
8th Dec 1999, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the replys, but i dont think it's a heat problem as it only happens with ut. I can play unreal for a 2 hour period with no bad effects.

HellCat
9th Dec 1999, 06:15 PM
There is a real easy way to determine if heat is your problem. Secure a can of freeze spray from Radio Shack. With the artifacts on your screen, spray the video card's big cpu chip for 10-15 sec or until it begins to freeze while watching the screen if the artifacts go away, you've found the culprit.