animated textures

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

irongull

May 6, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
If you have an animated texure you want to call 'bob', save each frame as bob_A00.bmp, bob_A01.bmp, etc... , and then convert them all to pcx using Bright. Open up UEd, open the textures browser, and do File->Import. Select all of the pcx files, and click Open. Fill in the package name in the popup window (whatever you want the utx file to be called), fill in the group name, and click 'OK to all' (or something). If you have named them correctly, UEd will automatically string them together as an animated tex. Just assign the first texture in the group to the surface.

ZodiaK

irresponsible walrus
Feb 14, 2000
onboard The Mothership
ameba.lpt.fi
it seems i'm desperately trying to add to everything irongull says...;)

anywayz, the animation string can be done from texture properties also. just bring them up (right-click on the texture in the tx-browser, methinks) and enter the name of the next texture in the animation in the field called...umm...can't remember right now...but i think you'll figure it out. this way it's easy to animate any existing textures. of course, doing it the irongull way is way faster if you're doing it to your own stuff.

irongull

May 6, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Maybe you woudn't have to if I wrote more complete responses ;)

You can also tweak the anim rate by adjusting the min and max frame rate in the properties menu. There, now I've added to what Zodiak said. If we keep one-upping each other, we might end up with complete a tutorial on our hands.

Oh, and instead of putting in the texture name, you can select the next texture in the browser and click the 'Use' button in the tex properties.

Graeme

back from the dead
Oct 4, 2000
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
whoa! settle down

sorry, it's not like I was trying to mess up your computer or something. That pic is just one of the smilies... but I got rid of it now