A how can i do this question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

merc82

Oct 21, 2000
the land down under
Visit site
Hello who ever is reading.

Well I was wondering. Is it possible to play unreal 1 with the UT weapons and player modles. I dunno why i wanna do this but i do. If you can tell me that would be great. I should keep me amused for a while at least.

thanks

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
um...... you can't. But, you CAN put U1 int UT. Download the Oldskool weapons mod, and the U1 models/skins. Get the U1 maps and bingo. Instant U1 in UT. It's so much easier. See, U1's code is in UT but UT's code isn't in U1. It's like a one way door.

now go have some fun :D

merc82

Oct 21, 2000
the land down under
Visit site
Ok thanks for that.

But where can i find the oldskhool mod? and tell me if i have this right. I download the oldskhool weapons mod, i copy the maps from the Unreal maps folder into UT's right?

if i do that i get to play unreal but useing UT? One other thing would i be able to do the same with return to Na Pali?
which would give me everything in one program. Im just wondering how it all works though.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
From Cleaner's FAQ

How can I play Unreal 1 maps under UT?
All Unreal maps can be played with UT. All weapons and items will automatically be replaced with the corresponding UT items and weapons.

Edit your ..\UnrealTournament\System\UnrealTournament.ini and add to the [Core.System] section:

Paths=<your correct path to Unreal>/Maps/*.unr

For example, for me that would be:

Paths=D:/Games/Unreal/Maps/*.unr

Do the same with textures, sounds and music. Note that you have to use /, not \ in the path.

All UT DM maps will now show up in the DM/T-DM and LMS map list.

To play a single U1 map in singleplayer mode, you can just browser to the Unreal map folder in windows and doubleclick the file. Problem, when you finished the map, the next map will be launched in DM mode.

To play a sequence of U1 singleplayer maps, either install the mutator called UTCoop or follow the instructions on this page: http://www.geocities.com/unrealmods/usp4ut.html

merc82

Oct 21, 2000
the land down under
Visit site
Hey usaar33

yeah i got your mod i really really enjoy it. I can Run around as the skarrjhybrid and all. I really impressed with you mod. I also have a few suggestions on how you could make it better.

1. im not sure about this but when you say have the enforcer selected the weapon slot 7 ammo goes up as well. cause i think it because it and the UT minigun use the same ammo. I was wondering if you say wanted the enforcer but you wanted the unreal 1 minigun. would it stuff things up.

2. i feel it would be better if you could reload the enforcer as well. it would add to UT deathmatch as well i recon. just add this option into your wonderful menus youve made up. For single and multieplayer

3. double automags in SP whould also be good. you can still get double enforces but one dissapers when you go to the next level.

4. would you be able to make it so you can have either one or two the automag + enforcer?

I hope im not being to picky. just though you might like some suggestions cause this mod is almost perfect i feel sept for those few things. I'm really also looking forward to your mod for na pali.

in my opinion your a legend keep up the great work.

usaar33

Un1337
Mar 25, 2000
Unknown
www.UsAaR33.com
aw...thanks

thanks for the praise merc! about your suggestions:

1. you're allowed to use the enforcer and unreal I minigun (or ut minigun and automag) at once. However, they use the same ammo type, unlike in DM, where they will use a different type.
2. yes, since I'm working on ONP, I need to add this anyway. (I love that unused seq.) Though, I'll need to put it in yet another package :( That'll make oldskool spread over 5 packages :p
3. I know the enforcer disappears. See the option note in the status bar? :p Again, it'll be fixed next version. For akimbo mags, I'll add a var (mostly for level designers) to allow them to be doubled (I'm adding this to the new enforcer too). The cheat to have double (yes, it is cheating, unless the level designer wants you to :p) would be:
set olweapons.olakimbomag ballowakimbo true

4. Can I? Yes
Will I? no

For what it would take to make, its not worth it. Plus, I need to preserve net compatibility (2.0 is compatible with 2.05), and adding that would force me to break it.

implamentation is another thing.

What automags would be enforcers and which automags?