Aimbot Demonstration.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hokkenheim

Jul 3, 2000
Canada
I have come across a demo of a guy using an aimbot in an instagib match, and I must say it is unbelievably sickening. This guy just stood at the top of the tower in face and fired blindly towards the other side and frag, after frag, after frag...unbelievable. The crosshair would lock on to the opposite team and follow their movements and all the guy had to do was pull the ****in trigger!
I hope this guy doesn't distribute this, for it will, without a doubt ruin the game. Just watch this demo and you'll see what I mean.

http://unreal.maps.tripod.com/aimbot.zip

If the link is broken, I can e-mail it to anyone for the file is only about 400kb.

Arkive

May 10, 2000
members.home.com
Well..there's no disputing that demo...it was definitely an aimbot in action. The real question is if that was a client-side or server-side hack. If it's server-side, it isn't too bad because you just avoid the servers with the llama admins who are using it. But if it's client-side, that could spell disaster unless Epic jumps up and fixes it. If you hit F6 during the game, you see his ping is waaaaaaaay high...I'm not sure if that's an error, or just a side effect of the aimbot. So, thanks to the erroneous ping, I couldn't really tell whether or not he was playing on the server itself, or connected to it as a client. He was pretty proud of it too, which is really scary, but he did say that, "I don't want it, I just don't want it used against us". So hopefully there won't be any distribution of it.

Jeff

I'm guessing the demo is from a spec mode and not first person. So, the F6 ping prolly reads 9999999 or something like that. If there is a first person view available, then press F1 and see how low his/her ping is. If it is sub 50, then it is prolly a server side aimbot, but if it is higher, then this doesn't bold well for the future of UT given the number of llamas willing to use an aimbot.

Sep 10, 2000
Boston, MA
www.clanbhs.com
*sigh*

Wow that demo is incredible. I have heard all sorts of storys about aimbots but never seen one in action. That was very amazing, but at the same time incredibly disheartening to what it could mean for the UT community. I truly hope these never get to the public.

Aug 7, 2000
Interesting..........but you know......once many people are using this.....it'll be fixed in the next patch......till then.....:(

-Revenant