Delete does not work

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Pavlov

Nov 13, 2000
Visit site
I'm very new to editing all together. I just start two days ago with a very Basic tutorial from Second Edition web site. Subtract a brush. Then ADD a brush inside the first. It then ask you to delete the ADDED brush by hiting the delete key and asked to confirm it was deleted. Now these steps are not that complicated to me, but nothing happens. Please, some one explain this to me. UNDUE or the Delete fuction from the main menu fails to delete.

I know....Breath, its only a game....

Briareus

Nov 16, 2000
Visit site
Delete doesn't work for me

Even after rebuilding. I'm just learning Unrealed, so please answer using small words. :)

I choose File>New
I use the Cube button to create a large box that I Subtract.
I use the Cube button to make a smaller box in the center of the large one and use Add to make a 'floating' cube.
I then hit the Del key, and try to use Edit>Delete and nothing happens.
I use Build>Build All (using default options) and the floating cube is still there.

The only way I am able to delete a brush seems to be to Subtract it from the world. :(

Graeme

back from the dead
Oct 4, 2000
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
I have trouble deleting brushes too, I just put a cube around the brush I want to get rid of, click intersect, then subtract, it kind of clutters up the 2d views with a lot of lines but it works

Briareus

Nov 16, 2000
Visit site
Umm... huh?

So, to delete a brush, in the 3D view, go to wireframe, select it (the wireframe lines will brighten) and press delete. Rebuild to see the change in the 3D view.

I just found it by accident, so I thought I'd share.

ThreeDee

Resident Foo'
Nov 15, 2000
Canada
tbns.net
I had this exact problem a week ago when I first opened UED... if you're like me, you still have the builder brush selected (the red one). You can't delete the builder brush, because it isn't really part of the level. Click it to make sure it's selected (bright red), then hold control and drag to move it away from the brush you actually created. Now select the brush you want to delete and press del. Hope this solved it.

I learned most of what I know from Unrealed.exe (http://www.planetunreal.com/unrealed). I suggest you try going there to learn the basics.

[Edited by ThreeDee on November 16th, 2000 at 11:21 PM]

chris_nl

Adept
Sep 29, 2000
here & there
Visit site
ps.

If the delete button on your keybord doesn't work =>

then use the delete option from the popup menu in any of the 4 views that always works...

ohh yeah and don't forget to rebuild ya'all

Briareus

Nov 16, 2000
Visit site
Clarification...

To delete a brush, you must select it's wireframe. So, that means that you either have to use T, F, S, or (wireframe) view modes to select a line on the brush's wireframe.

I think that's what is missing from all the tutorials. I've never read one that says that you must use the wireframe (or to move the Red Brush first) to delete a brush.