Anyone got any suggestions for mountains?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fireblade

Feb 11, 2000
Visit site
I cant quite figure out a good way to make myself some mountains.
Right now, I'm working on a valley-type map, and I was toying around with just using other brushes, de-intersecting them and adding them to my main 'room' of my level, but that leaves me with a lot of extra room for digging out the extra from my already-built rooms.
Also, is there a way to start with a solid block, and carve out from there? If there is, I sure cant figure out how (but hey i'm just a newbie).

Thanks!

FatAsss

Jan 26, 2000
Visit site
you use the floor lofter!
dugh!

of course there are other ways of doing it,
i was just speaking to a single player level designer, and he makes mountains by using leveler(a height map editor ) and then imports it into terraedit(availible from unrealized.com in their tools section, under level design)
and then save it as a .t3d file and import it into unrealed.
of course you can always use terra edit on its own, and use its interface to create landscapes

Fireblade

Feb 11, 2000
Visit site
Well, I tried TerraEdit last night, but it creates way too many polys for my taste.
I guess I'll just play around with the lofter till i get the hang of it, unless anyone else has any bright ideas. -hint- -hint- /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif