PCI cards

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ThunderSub1

Aug 18, 2000
Toronto, Canada
www.geocities.com
I have a PCI port and thus have the Creative RIVA TNT2 32NB card installed with the latest Detonator driver. What the market offered for the PCI crowd looked really bare until the revelation that Voodoo's newest card comes in a PCI version. Admittedly, it's slighty slower than it's AGP counter-parts, but there is renewed hope for us.

Does anyone have any idea whether any more cutting-edge PCI cards will coming out? I think I read once in PC Gamer that there might.

Another thing...there was a discussion on if the Detonator drivers are worth their while. I'd say they really are. I was playing Elite Force before I installed the newest Det driver. When I played EF after I did that, there WAS a marked difference in video performance. Not to mention Directx 8.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Do yoou mean as cutting edged as Creative Lab's new 500.00 GeForce2Ultra card?

Seriously, I don't know what you mean by "the bare PCI card market" There are tons of them. Sure there are AGP cards (and they aren't all that much faster BTW) but there are dozens of PCI cards.