Unreal on UT engine?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
It can be done if you don't mind your menus being a hybrid of those from Unreal and those from UT.

This is the quickest way I can think of.

Copy your Unreal maps and music to the respective UT folders (you don't need to copy anything else).

Duplicate your UnrealTournament.ini and name the copy UnrealSP.ini. Open up your User.ini and add keys for "ActivateTranslator", "InventoryNext", "InventoryPrevious" and "InventoryActivate" as you choose.

In your new UnrealSP.ini, change "LocalMap=CityIntro.unr" to "LocalMap=Unreal.unr". Change "DefaultGame=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus" to "DefaultGame=UnrealShare.Singleplayer", and change "SavePath=..\Save" to "SavePath=../Save".

To run UT with these settings, create a new UT shortcut with command line "[wherever you installed it]\System\UnrealTournament.exe?ini=UnrealSP.ini"

It should launch into the Unreal flyby, and when you press escape you will get something that looks like the UT menus but has Unreal menu contents.

Gir

Offensive mode!
Apr 23, 2000
Peking Eend.
Visit site
I tried it, but I couldn't make it work.

"Failed to enter ?ini=UnrealSP.ini: Can't find file 'Index.unr'"

That's odd. True, there is no Index.unr present in unreatournament/maps, but it isn't present in my unreal/maps either. And Unreal runs perfectly..

?

My best guess is that index.unr has something to do with multiplayer games. But I don't know why this error occurs...

Why god why?

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
DOH um yes that would work too.

Sorry Usaar33 I forgot. That's me being scatty :)

Oldskool kicks ass. While I still play Unreal in Unreal, the extra features that Oldskool adds to UT are worth having in themselves.

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
creatoR: If you want to try & get it working that way, have a look in the ini for references to index.unr... I'll take a look later and see if I've missed anything out (Can't at the moment, I'm posting from Uni campus).

Status
Not open for further replies.