DVD probs.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
I know this isn't hardly related to UT but this my local forum so hey.

I inherited a PC-DVD Dxr3 from creative recently from my brother (on which it worked, and he has roughly the same system) but instead of lovely movies i'm getting a couple of seconds of bad digital noise and no picture at all, before the whole system hangs and needs a hard reset...

So i was wondering if any of you could give me some help out there, i'll mai lthe prob to creative aswell but just incase you lot had working knowledge.....

anyway i've got a geforce 2, soudnblaster live, wintv card, lan card and modem all in there too, and running an abit bh6 board with a celeron 300 clocked to 450, but the system my brother had was only different in the speed of the celeron, an original geforce, and a later version of the motherboard....bios upgrade? maybe....

Anyway cheers for any replies.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
I'm using the creative player supplied, but that and 'pcfriendly' which came with a dvd both have the same symptoms, and DMA is enabled, the only thing i can see it being is a hardware clash.

Thanks anyway.