are you new to UnrealEd?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
ive written a short article intended to give people new to unreal editing a bit of information on where to find tutorials, help files and textures as well as some advice from the reviewers at the FragFacility.

if youre interested you can read the article at: http://www.blitzen.demon.co.uk/mappersguide.html

if you find it useful, tell a few other people, and also tell me what you think (good or bad, im a big boy now).

Aphex

Jan 31, 2000
Manchester, UK
homepage.ntlworld.com
Nice page, with some well thought-out comments. :)
One thing I wish I had when starting out with UEd is a few *really* basic things about the editor e.g. "Why can't i delete that shape in the 3d window?", or "Why dont my brushes line up anymore?" (hehe) etc.
Although I guess that's out of scope for your page?

{AoD}SNiPER

Sep 17, 2000
Visit site
Nice work Phragmites, I could have really used this about two years ago, :) I think it would have been a much smother ride for me getting into Ued if I could have read this back then. Maybe it will help out some of the new Ued freaks that keep popping up out there. Keep up the good work Phragmites..... Peace.

TheFunkyGibber

Oct 3, 2000
Visit site
Ok big boy...

I hopped onto your site and read your article (nice site BTW). I wish I'd encountered an article like this when I'd started out map making. Lots of decent tips and useful links to all the major Ued resources. I think you made an important point about thinking through your level before just making it up as you go along...pretty important stuff.

I don't know how you managed to write up an article while you were building your map (VERY cool map BTW)...my map-building is eating up ALL of my spare time!

Keep up the good work!

The Funky Gibber.