HELP CRASH

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Timbos

Dec 1, 1999
Netherlands
Visit site
hi there,

everytime i play UT Demo everything goes fine, but in every game i play , it suddently crash. Although i see the gamescreen and i hear the sound but the game will not go further.

Whats the problem and what can i do about it?

I got:

UT Demo Ver 348
AMD K6-3 450
128 Ram
32 MB Elsa Winner Card S3 Savage Pro
Cable Internet

TNX

You aren't overclocking your AMD chip, are you? That seems to always crash UT.

Turn off 3D HW sound. Turn off detail textures. Make sure you are using DirectX 7. Check that you are running D3D, not software renderer or OpenGL. Make sure that no other apps are running (do ctrl-alt-del and kill everything which isn't needed). Make sure you have enough disk space and virtual memory.

I don't consider your description to be a crash; it is more of a lockup or a hang. Does it only happen between levels on-line?

Simpleton

Nov 28, 1999
Visit site
Tanqueray_boy - I frequently got GPFs when running the Demo on an oc'd K6-2 350 @ 400. I haven't tried it on the retail yet, but was thinking of giving it another shot. Have you had or heard of problems with oc'd K6's in the retail version? System as follows:

AMD K6-2 350 (Had it oc'd to 400)
128 MB 8ns PC100 (had 64 MB 60 ns EDO)
Diamond Viper V770 TNT2 Ultra (had CL Banshee)
10 GB IBM 7200 rpm HD (500 MB swap file)
SB Live
Cable modem

Still only get 25 fps average at 640x480 medium and low settings. Does this seem really slow or am I just bitter? I'm trying to squeeze as much out of my rig as possible.

I remember seeing many post regarding the difference between the Demo and Retail D3D performance due to some security crap Epic added, but never followed up on it. Anyone have that link handy?

Thanks

GetFried!!!

Dec 2, 1999
Visit site
Timbos its the Savage card. I have a Savage 4 PRO and when I try to use it I get the same thing LOCK UP, sound still plays but my PC is completely frozen I have to power it off (CTRL-ALT-DELETE won't even work)

bullet2.gif

Chaos, Panic And Disorder...My Work Here Is Done.

Zwolf

Dec 2, 1999
Visit site
I don't think that it's your vid card as the same thing happens to me with my CL Banshee.
By the way I brought back my first copy of UT and wen't to another store and bought another copy, it played well for about an hour and then wham, same old same old.

ASHAW001

Dec 4, 1999
ALVARADO,TEXAS,USA
Visit site
MY UT DEMO FREEZES UP TOO. I THINK IT'S THE CARD. I HAVE AMD 380, 128 MEG MEM. STEALTH III S540, DIRECT X 7.0, 85% RESOURCES FREE. S3 AND DIAMOND ARE NO HELP. IT FREEZES NO MATTER WHAT DRIVER I USE, OR WHAT FEATURES I DISABLE. WE S3 USERS NEED HELP FOR THIS GREAT GAME!!!!!