PDA

View Full Version : UTC vs PuF Final Touches/Questions

[Z]Moose
2nd Nov 2000, 10:18 AM
Ok here are some questions about our match:
(I posted at UTC: http://boards.ioerror.com/Forum7/HTML/008297.html)

Maps:
I hear that Liandri is one map. What is the second and tie breaker?

TEAM DAMAGE? Yes or No? Troll, LarrE and I say YES to team damage. We don't need 100% TD but 50% TD at the least. Please post your opinion here so we can get a verdict to this. Would one of you PuF'ers please email me ut_moose@yahoo.com or ICQ 27101068 the PuF final verdict on this?

Server Settings/Rules:
I have made up a list of server settings and rules that NO one so far has opposed. So I suggest we use these settings/rules (Team Damage yet to be decided)

Team Damage = ??? <--- TBA
Redeemer = OFF
Weapon Stay = ON
Time Limit = 20 min
Frag Limit = 0
Max Players = 10
Max Spectators = whatever sever will allow and still run smooth
Tournement Mode = ON
Force Respawn = ON
Use Translocator = OFF
Game Speed = 100%
Air Control = 35%
Server Password = ON

Server:
What servers will be availble for us to use? I believe that UTC Admin will be setting up Intense Unreal for the match. Vukodlak and I have a server we can use (IP HAS CHANGED)

CTF -> 129.186.227.203:7777 pass=apples
DM -> 129.186.227.203:5555 pass=match
(NOTE: these are the passwords at the writing of this post)

LarrE said that SWORDS will be available to us too. It looks like we have plenty of servers to choose from. Now we just need to pick one :) Strange I wish it was like this on ladder matches :)

Thanks and HAVE FUN!!

[Z]Moose
2nd Nov 2000, 10:19 AM
Forgot one IMPORTANT issue....

What time is this gonna start? I think I recall someone saying 7:30 PM EST Is this correct? Thanks.

OshadowO
2nd Nov 2000, 02:11 PM
Moose I said 7:30 PM EST as the match was originally scheduled for this time before we moved it to this sat. It seemed to work out well for most people.
Our match is Deck 16 as I've already posted on your forum, Curse and Tempest seem like popular choices here for the third.
Err to clarify one thing we are having two 5 vs 5's TDMs right?? I'll repost this over at UTC.
PuF's glance above and see if there's any problems?

-[BHS]-Firewall
2nd Nov 2000, 04:53 PM
The only thing I really care about is redeemer. I want that off. Otherwise I'm cool with weapon stay off, friendly fire, and anything else that'll make the matches more of a thinking game than ffa.

Boom
2nd Nov 2000, 05:02 PM
50% team damage. Standard for ladders and stuff.

Thanks to OshadowO and Moose for organizing this thing. I've just been ignoring it and planning on showing up.

Its nice to have the chance to be lazy like this :)

I think us hardcore CTF PuFers are gonna have a real workout here. I, for one, am gonna have to keep trying to remember to stop looking for the flag, and to stop trying to use my xloc :D

~Cobra~
2nd Nov 2000, 05:40 PM
yes redeemer should be off...

Rev.Whoopass
2nd Nov 2000, 05:53 PM
I believe evreyone (UTC too) that no Redeemers will be used.50% (at least) team damage.I want to thank Shadow and Moose onceagain for doing what they have done for this match.
I think that we are going to need both UTC servers for this since there will be 2 teams.

{950}Slayer|PuF
2nd Nov 2000, 06:38 PM
-I feel we should run a max spec at 4, 2 from each forum.

-I would also suggest that weapon stay be on!! It will really suck to respawn and not be able to fight back because all of the weapons are gone!! enforcer vs RL...no real thinking needed..specially if a couple of players camp over a spawn point.

-50% team damage is good!!

-redeemer definatly off

-and why not play 5 total maps!! Each team can play 2 apiece and throw the MVPs of both teams together for the tiebreaker...if it is needed..or play the 5th as a pro bowl type game :D

LordKhaine
3rd Nov 2000, 08:28 AM
This saturday right? :)

Rev.Whoopass
3rd Nov 2000, 04:56 PM
I would like to request that we do not play on the SWORD server.I have been playing there lately,and get good pings (main reason for playing there) but seem to get disconnected in the middle of the game.That has never happened to me on any server,othere than getting kicked off of one.

JuiceEggsMcKenna
4th Nov 2000, 12:49 AM
Good luck y'all

-[BHS]-Redfrost
4th Nov 2000, 01:00 PM
*BUMP*

I thought I'd give this thread another bump since the match is tonight to ask a few more questions.

1.) What IRC channel should we meet in, and when?

2.) Are there still going to be 2 teams that play the same maps, just on different servers?

3.) RW or BattleCom?

I think that's it for now. I'm looking forward to this match.