Problems with UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

lamesown

Nov 1, 2000
Visit site
My problem is when I play UT in Direct 3D using any resol, 16 or 32 bit color and textures and world detail on any setting. . My screen starts to blink, but usaully I start a game anyway. And everytime about 15 seconds into play, the game just freezes and crashes my computer. I have simarliy problems when playing other direct 3d games. But no problems when I use open gl. I cant figure out whats the problem, Ive configured my direct 3d setting in the nvidia menu many of times and get the same result. None of my hardware is overclockd.
AMD T-Bird 900mhz
Nvidia GeForce 2 GTS
160pc133
My destop resol. 1024x768 32 bit color
ps. I have all the newest Via drivers and I have UT version 432

lamesown

Nov 1, 2000
Visit site
Thanks anyway

Thanks for your help, but no cigar. Now I have another problem after about 5 seconds into the game, the screen turns blue, while the music is playing. Im now begining to hate this game.

Survey_Says

Anonymous-Like
Oct 30, 2000
Chicago, IL
Since it is happening with other D3D games I don't think you should hate UT. :)

I use Glide, so I don't know much about D3D and opengl, but if opengl works, why not use that?

And since this is happening with all your games it seems safe to say it is a video card and/or driver problem. Maybe remove the video card from control panel, restart and reinstall fresh drivers. You never know. :)

{AoD}SNiPER

Sep 17, 2000
Visit site
What version of DirectX do you have installed? I know that UT doesn't run with DirectX7.0a and D3D with a TNT2 ULTRA 32MB but works just fine with DirectX 7.0.

lamesown

Nov 1, 2000
Visit site
Thanks for your help I,ve solved the problem with the UT thing. Your right open gl does look more visually appealing, but only if you can see the srceen. Its so dark I have to guess where stairs and bots are.
ps. the brightness setting does'nt work.

{AoD}SNiPER

Sep 17, 2000
Visit site
Does your GeForce 2 GTS have a gamma setting controls, if so try turning it up I heard of this problem before with some video card and OpenGL, and the gamma settings did the trick, but you have to turn them back down in windows cause it looks like crap :)