Found a bug with the latest patch....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

StrySP

Nov 1, 2000
Visit site
I just got a copy of UT with my SBLive Xgamer and it wont update with the patch. The patch says it cant find the right botpack.u file or whatever on the cd...what gives?

StrySP

Nov 1, 2000
Visit site
it was doing this on my roomates computer...we were gonna get a lan game goin but it wouldnt patch..im gonna try it on mine and see if the same thing happens...he's got a crappy HP pavillion...i custom built my box...but anyway, epic says to copy the whole cd to the hard drive...i'll just keep messin with it i guess...
thanks for the help guys

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
From Epic's Unreal Technology site

Some users have reported getting the following error when trying to apply a patch to Unreal Tournament: "The file system\botpack.u from the CD-ROM is not the expected version. Therefore, Unreal Tournament can't be patched." This is may be due to some bad memory in your system (we've seen this to be the cause in several cases). Building a patched version of botpack uses a lot of system memory and is very sensitive to any memory errors. Its also possible that the patcher is having problems reading files off the game CD. If so, you can try the following solution: Create a directory C:\UTCD and a subdirectory c:\UTCD\System. Copy all the files from your UnrealTournament CD's system directory into C:\UTCD\System. Run the patch, and when it asks for the CD path, type in C:\UTCD . If that doesn't work, advanced users may want to try disabling DMA transfers on the CD\DVD drive they are using then rebooting and try the patch again - this has been reported to fix the problem for some users

Big giB

Keep out of reach of children.
Jul 28, 2000
BC, Canada
Visit site
Originally posted by KingKobra|PuF
i dont know

LOL! What the f0ck was the point of posting that! :) BTW I'm having problems where I can only play UT with the 432 patch. Whenever I have an earlier patch, the game won't start, it just gives be that god damned "illegal operation error" damn it to hell!