Looks like I'll be cheating today

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clicker

Key Master/Gate Keeper
Oct 16, 2000
Visit site
I've finally gotten around to trying your save workaround method Hellscrag. I guess Epic changed the save specs from 222 because when I did what you told me I got a windows box that said CRITICAL ERROR and a box listing all kinds of techno mumbo jumbo with save file names thrown here and there. Thanks anyway though. I really hate to cheat but in this case it is warranted don't you think? I thought at first I wouldn't have to use your method because I just loaded a game from the table of contents (even though it said SAVE GAME) and it loaded my old game but when I played it I realized that pressing ESC paused the game instead of bringing up the game menu. I wonder why that happens. Has anyone ever wondered about how programming and computers actually work. I've been told its nothing but millions of switches (on and off) but it's crazy to think how electricity can make images on a screen that you can control. Anyway, I'm off to the cheat section of Planet Unreal. Thanks for the help.

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
Sorry to hear that

But no choice I guess :(

Yeah, all a computer has as memory are lots & lots of little electronic switches. But lots of them! Say 1Mb RAM...

(8 bits to a byte) x (1024 bytes to a kb) x (1024 kb to a Mb)...

8388608 switches to 1Mb of RAM :D

Given that many PCs have 256Mb RAM... 2147483648 switches... and so on.

The CPU has things called logic gates which process these values to come up with answers. It all works out in the end.

Ok Computer Science lecture over :p . I'm a student in the subject u see.

clicker

Key Master/Gate Keeper
Oct 16, 2000
Visit site
really? a student?

Do you know how to program? I've wanted to learn c++ and I even bought a bunch of books on the subject but they look complicated as hell. I can program in GW BASIC and have a bunch of cool atari like games made but nothing like Unreal of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.