Mover synchronisation and networking ;(

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Aphex

Jan 31, 2000
Manchester, UK
homepage.ntlworld.com
Hi,

I've got a (very) large LoopMover in my level that loops round and moves right across the level.
Only trouble is: when I run it on a separate server and I connect to it (eg LAN) the mover does some strange things!
When I set the mover networking attrib to ROLE_SimulatedProxy (the default - let the client handle its position) it is about 100 'yards' behind the server mover!
When set to ROLE_DumbProxy (let the server manage its position) it keeps up, but kinda veers off the track (its a train)!
:(
Bit of an advanced topic I think!
Any ideas warmly welcomed! :E

Aphex

Jan 31, 2000
Manchester, UK
homepage.ntlworld.com
Cráp! I just realised (thinking it through), that the server's version of a simulated mover will be triggered when the client is not even connected (its triggered with a TimedTrigger), so will obviously be in a different position!

So I guess my question now is - what's up with the ROLE_DumbProxy mover? :(

Aphex

Jan 31, 2000
Manchester, UK
homepage.ntlworld.com
Well, bNoDelete was already True, but upping the NetPriority seems to have fixed the jerkiness, but the mover is still positioned wrongly.
What seems to be happening is that the mover does a full circuit ok, then when it sets out on the following loops, it starts out rotated about 10 degrees off what it should be. But then when it turns round for the return trip its rotation is ok!!!

[Edited by Aphex on 11-05-2000 at 01:58 PM]