PDA

View Full Version : DM or CTF

Faus
29th Oct 2000, 04:17 PM
:DWhich is your favorite game type to play? My personal favorite is Capture the Flag but I have started to like Deathmatch. I guess I should make a poll but I don't have the time. :D

Ace82
29th Oct 2000, 05:29 PM
Hmmmmm..... I like all of the game modes but I giess my favorite would have to be DM.

Team DM is really fun if you play with people you know and play as a team.

CTF is fun to though, i guess its what type of mood I'm in.

hal
29th Oct 2000, 06:17 PM
Well most people here are CTF'ers it seems. My favorites in order are:

CTF
DOM
TDM
AS
DM
LMS

I hate to see any gametype get overlooked as they are all awesome. Do yourself a favor everyone, and try a gametype you've never played/played that much.

Lord_Dragon[FB]
29th Oct 2000, 06:32 PM
i play ctf almost all the time. sometimes i'll deviate and play TDM or DOM. DM and LMS are next. i just can't play assault online.

barfretchpuke
30th Oct 2000, 11:53 AM
Here's some NEW gametypes:

http://www.utworld.net/boomball/

BoomBall and BlackFlag are one flag CTF games.

Dominator is Domination played like CTF with up to 4 teams!

-BHS-Snowdog
30th Oct 2000, 03:49 PM
Yeah, Dominator is serious fun. All the action of DM with the teamwork and glory of CTF combined with the strategy of Domination (yes Domination DOES have strategy! :P) Sorry for the pimpage, but we're trying to get PG to add a ladder for Dominator. (Best thing about it, is you can play it on the DM maps!)

As for standard mods, Dom & CTF are my favs, with Dom just getting the edge. The rest fall in order just like Hal's.

barfretchpuke
30th Oct 2000, 03:57 PM
WOW!!!! That would be cool! Then I would be motivated to release my new version. (Not many changes... a little easier to find CP's in the DM maps.)

-BHS-Snowdog
30th Oct 2000, 04:00 PM
^ I can only put one thumbs-up, but this deserves two or more! If you need some play-testers/evaluators, etc., come to #BHS on ETG and we'll be happy to help you out!

loserkid
30th Oct 2000, 04:13 PM
I like CTF the most..

Instagib TDM is col too.. I can't stand Assault or Domination

Rev.Whoopass
30th Oct 2000, 05:24 PM
DM,TDM,FFA I love DM,Snowdog is right though,I played the Dominator mod with the BHS clan guys one night,and let me tell you....that mod should be part of the game!It is very fast past like dm,and team orientated like DOM or CTF.
I pretty much just play DM,but will stray every now and then to play CTF.

UnrealGrrl
30th Oct 2000, 05:30 PM
ctf is my fave... by far...
used to play some dom but dont know many good servers for that?
occasonally play dm but only with other peeples i know n like or to try ta improve my playin... :>

Survey_Says
30th Oct 2000, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Faus
Which is your favorite game type to play?

Survey Says: CTF :D

-[BHS]-Redfrost
30th Oct 2000, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by barfretchpuke
WOW!!!! That would be cool! Then I would be motivated to release my new version. (Not many changes... a little easier to find CP's in the DM maps.)

Whoa, barfretchpuke, are you the guy that made Dominator??

Faus
30th Oct 2000, 06:15 PM
Yeah TDM is really fun to play wit people you know. CTf still gets my vote with IG LMS next. :D

hal
30th Oct 2000, 08:40 PM
I see about 40 Dom servers running right now. Nowhere near where they were 10 months ago..but not bad. DOM does indeed have a strategy. It's a fantastic gametype and more people need to play it.

BloodRain
30th Oct 2000, 08:45 PM
I'd have to say CTF... and of course.. Instagib all the way!!!!! (like the team effort of CTF, and Iv'e grown addicted to Instagib) ;)

darklite
30th Oct 2000, 11:00 PM
right now my favorite is CTF, but a few weeks ago I really started hating CTF and got into TDM some. then I found ZeroPing.. now CTF is my favorite gametype again (IG ZP of course ;)), anyway.. here are my favorites in order:

CTF
TDM
DOM
DM

I would play DOM more, but as it is I've only found on IG DOM server, and I seem to be pinging really crappy from it lately (390+), so its kind of soured me on DOM. DOM itself is pretty fun though, but IG takes some of the strategy out of DOM. eg; the Gargoyle CP in DOM-Cryptic is totally pointless to guard because of the fact that there's no sheildbelt to whore.

darklite
30th Oct 2000, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by BloodRain
I'd have to say CTF... and of course.. Instagib all the way!!!!! (like the team effort of CTF, and Iv'e grown addicted to Instagib) ;)

if you think about it, covering the flag carrier in IG CTF is more important than in weapons. unlike weapons, you can't have 150 armor and 199 health and make a lone cap with 10 health left. granted, there are those times when even I can make a lone cap (I'm really lame when I have the flag), but those times are very few and far between.

and btw, I think I might have seen you play somewhere, can't say I remember where though.. if you would have remembered me, I was probably ensign)rfx(..

A_Huge_Sweaty_Baboon
30th Oct 2000, 11:27 PM
I will play CTF if asked to, but by far my most Favourite gametype is DM.

The feeling you get from beating 16 people by 14 points in an intense battle is legendary, nothing compared to the slight sense of, nothing that you get when you team wins.

pleh

Boogey
31st Oct 2000, 01:28 AM
1. DOM
2. DM
3. CTF
4. TDM

And Dominator sure rocks as already mentioned in this thread... (would be no.2 on the list)

Julius
31st Oct 2000, 06:56 AM
DM rockz, FFA on a server with 12 people definitely gets my adrenaline going!!