OK, UT has very good visuals but.....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Boricua_33015

Sep 17, 2000
Miami, Florida
UT has good visuals, but there is one visual that I don't want. I hope you all understand me on this but, why do the weapons someone is carrying show at all angles of viewing the player models? Its like the weapons go through the player model! Is there any way to turn this off or make the weapon not viewable through the player model? I would greatly appreciate a reply, and if you do, u will instantly be one of my favorites!!

(BoD) nepenthe

Sayee Lo
Aug 23, 2000
Denton, TX
www.nepentheisland.com
This is a Z-Buffer problem. If I'm not mistaken, the later patches had some D3D setting for forcing 32 bit Z-Buffering. Here's what I need to know: what video card do you use and do you use software, Glide, OpenGL, or D3D rendering? In the meantime, you might try switching to 32 bit color, which, depending on the driver, may correct the problem--if it does, we know where to start.

Boricua_33015

Sep 17, 2000
Miami, Florida
I have an ATI Rage Pro IIc with 8mb, therefore I have no choice but to always use software rendering. I have an 800mhz AMD Athlon and 128 mb of SDRAM. And I tried it with 32-bit color and still the same thing happens.

(BoD) nepenthe

Sayee Lo
Aug 23, 2000
Denton, TX
www.nepentheisland.com
Well, that would explain it, then. Apparently the Z-Buffering in software mode isn't advanced enough to make that correction.

You might think about picking up a cheap Geforce MX or Voodoo3 (or V4 4500), to take better advantage of your fast processor and fix your problem.:)

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Oh yeah dude, you have to do the rest of that rig justice man. Even if youre strapped for cash do yourself a favor and go get at least a V3...trust us it will make a HUGE difference over software rendering!

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, I don't know if the card is what is causing you troubles or not...but you would be doing yourself a HUGE favor by picking up a new card. You would really be surprised.

Boricua_33015

Sep 17, 2000
Miami, Florida
Yeah, I know, Im already planning to get an ATI Radeon with 64mb ddr by the time this year ends. I just wanna that if the people at Epic put that texture compression stuff into the Directx 8, if the ATI Radeon support it.

Morph1ne.MX

Privately Owned Geek
Apr 23, 2000
Mexico City, MEXICO
uh... what?

epic is not putting anything into directx 8, and the Radeon is believed to be full directx8 compatible.

anyway, any new features included with dx8, will not be used in UT.