PDA

View Full Version : Lights

Krypton|BuF
12th Feb 2000, 05:05 PM
I want to make some lights like the ones you can see on top of the buildings in dm-morpheus, the red ones that "glow" like "a little fog". how to? i just get lighted textures around them, but not the actual glow. in morpheus they didn't use coronas for this red lights.
i know how to attach coronas to a light (the thing you need to chose a texture for), but i even get one more problem there: where can you chance the setting from how far away a corona can be seen in the game? i always have to get rather close to see them.

Wanderer
12th Feb 2000, 06:30 PM
The Drawscale size of those very small and they're using the New1 texture as a corona.

To change the distance of how far you can see a corona change the Lighting=>LightRadius. Then Rebuild to see the changes.

Krypton|BuF
12th Feb 2000, 06:57 PM
sorry, think my description was a little weak, but i was thinking of the four lights around each helicopter landing platform, not the ones on top of the antennas (is this an english word?...).
wanderer is right (of course), the antenna lights use coronas, but the ones on the platforms don't. how can i make them glow then?

[This message has been edited by Roli27 (edited 02-12-2000).]

Jenkins
12th Feb 2000, 10:28 PM
Well Roli27, all I see right now, the lights on the helicopter landing part, that they are just using lights w/ bright lights and low light radius'. You can try that, and even make the lights seem to "glow" by making the light pulse. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

http://www.planetunreal.com/images/bullet2.gif
Jenkins

Wanderer
13th Feb 2000, 08:03 AM
The little lights on the helopads are coronas. Here are the exact properties of one of them.

Display=>Drawscale=0.1
Display=>Skin=Texture'GenFX.LensFlar.New1'
LightColor=>LightBrightness=32
LightColor=>LightHue=0
LightColor=>LightSaturation=0
Lighting=>bCorona=True
Lighting=>LightRadius=100

Jenkins
13th Feb 2000, 11:15 AM
Damn, I'm wrong yet again... /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

http://www.planetunreal.com/images/bullet2.gif
Jenkins

Aquahutch
14th Feb 2000, 08:30 PM
Remember Roli that you can always load up a map from the game into your UnrealEd and check out the properties of whatever there is in the map that you want to recreate. I figured out how to make a corona light and a few other things that way.