ngstats don't add up...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cloven

Oct 28, 2000
Visit site
I host monthly lan parties for some dudes at work. We have been playing CTF mostly, served from a dedicated win9x machine.

We have noticed that local ngstats seldom "jive" with the scores displayed after a game is completed. Upon further analysis I've noticed gross errors in flag events where total team pickups, drops, and scores are very different that the other teams flag kills and flag saves. I suppose some of this can be attributed to odd occurences such as dropping the flag in lava and/or dropping the flag and having someone else score or return it (I am not sure how these are handled, actually... I'm just guessing these mess things up).

Now that we are getting fairly competitive amongst ourselves the "monday after gloat sessions" just don't hold as much weight if we know the stats are messed up.

Any ideas out there?

Corny

Oct 22, 2000
Visit site
No ideas but I can tell you this isn't only on your machine or whatever. Stats are just screwed up. I use to notice so many problems when I had them turned on it was ridiculous. Best thing they are good for IMO is stuff like efficiency, time to live, etc.

Online you will get a much better representation of flag events like drops and caps, don't know why local can't keep track of flag kills. :)