PDA

View Full Version : Why me?? Errors glaore!

Cannibul
28th Nov 1999, 12:04 PM
OK, here it is. I am having problems with the demo and the game. Both crash. No matter what Video I use, D3D, Glide, Software, they all crash. Most of the time I get an General Protection Fault like this...

History: SetupNormalSurface <- FlightManager::SetupForSurf <- URender: /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gifrawWorld <- UGameEngine: /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gifraw <-UWindowsViewPort::Repain <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Many times the game will crash during the intro. This is really starting to piss me off. My system is:

Celeron 366 running at 550
128 megs RAM
Diamond Viper 550
Voodoo 2
Sound Blaster Live

All running the very latest drivers. DirectX 7 is installed and working fine. All hardware is working fine. Just UT will not run. Any help?

And I have tried safe mode with the sound off and everything. Same problem.

Cannibul
28th Nov 1999, 10:27 PM
Well I figured out the damn problem. Seems that UT doesn't like it when you over clock a Celeron 366 to 550. Take it back down to 366 and it runs fine.

Voyd
28th Nov 1999, 11:40 PM
your system was probably on the brink of stability and running Ut just pushed it over the edge. you could use the next lowest fsb and see what happens.