The Soundoff and The Lair are no more!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
In week or so time, the Soundoff and The Lair will cease to exist. Why? Well we've decided to join forces and become a new UT Community site - Fusion

Basically the new site will combine the bast aspects of both old sites (The DMD League, map reviews, articles and the Llama Farm). Hopefully by joining forces we'll be able to make a really ruXX0r UT site.

The new site will be ready "when it's done" :D, which shouldnt be too long now, so look forward to a new improved site very soon :)

PsychoPhant

sycophantic toady-boy
Jun 23, 2000
On my knees behind you
Visit site
Wow, that's cool news. A couple of good sites combining.

I imagine that'll take a lot of work, what with changing links, informing host sites etc. I admire you guys who take a fair chunk of their time to do these things.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
Well, I was working on the enw look for The Soundoff, but since Fusion arrived I'm going to go throught it and incorporate the lair into it.

Hopefully it shouldnt take too much work, as we've already got a good design. :)

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
whew, had me worried for a sec! As long as the subject is up...how about some new Vandalism World Tour pics? Why not have a big Vandalism Fest on Halloween Night? There's no better night to do it!

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
This is great news!!!

Lots of talented people working together to make to cool sites into one monstercool site!!!

Lemme know when its up so I can bookmark it. :D

and I wanna be a part of that vandalism thingy too. Ph34r my Goo!!!

Blowfish

Jul 17, 2000
New York City
mechanize.net
Excellent idea

/me sighs with relief at the thread topic :) whew I thought they were gone forever hehe

I design web sites for money so guys if you need any resources, scripting help or what not reach me!!!! I'm in IRC almost 24/7 as you know :) I'd be VERY glad and honored to be a part of that.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
Thanks a lot for the support guys :D

It would be cool to go on a Vandalism tour sometime, perhaps we could coencied it with the launch of Fusion, and get the pics up soon after that.

Anyway, I'm currently in the process of converting everything into the new design (and yes, DW3 is being a pain in the arse :D), so I'll just see when it's done. One thing's for sure though, we won't rush it out, so just be patient, OK!! :p

Boom - if you really want to you can go to PlanetUnreal.com/Fusion and bookmark it, but you'll only get a 404 error :D

Arcturus

Not From Bloody Starcraft
Jan 23, 2000
Totally Not Korhal IV
hmm

I would've replied sooner, but the internet was being a m0 :/

anyway, this new site is not JUST about The Soundoff and The Lair, because UT Madness is getting in on the act too. i'm not merging my site with them too, i'm just going to be on the team. call it an alliance if you will :)

maybe we can do some shared projects and stuff like that

yep, this sure as hell is gonna be kewl

(i thought of the name Fusion, BTW hehe) :)

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
shameless B-U-M-P

Well, I've been pestering Gamespy today about FTP, forums, etc for the new site.

FS - i thought Sel came up with "Fusion", but it must have been you.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
Sneak Peak

fusion.jpg