UT freezing again?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

penguin

Oct 20, 2000
home.elp.rr.com
I start up UT and play like normal...no problem, but then after a minute or a few minutes my mouse and keyboard dont work...its as if they are not connected...UT keeps running but i cant do anything...whats happening?

im running it under Windows Me... i have the latest version and the latest directx, i think the directx that comes after 7a b/c im using windows me

i have:
128mb ram
19gb hdd
amd k6 450mhz i think. (its over clocked to 500mhz)
aureal vortex sound card
nvidia riva tnt2 model 64 with 32 mb ram...
ut worked fine under win98

any help is appreciated

~NitroFish*

Jun 26, 2000
Tucson, AZ ,USA
Visit site
I had a similiar problem with Wini-me (windows me). My Imsmelly Mouse Exploder would intermitently stop responding while playing both on and offline. I like to "twitch" the mouse to aim quickly and the mouse just won't respond. This only happened in UT. At the Desktop it was fine. I installed Wini-me clean with latest video and Intellipoint software.

Now I'm back to Windows 98SE and have had no problems with my mouse in UT. Might be a Windows Me issue.

Have TNT2U 32MB video card.

penguin

Oct 20, 2000
home.elp.rr.com
to hell with win me!!!

im most likley going to go back to win 98...
win me has given me to many problems...to many errors, my screen will suddenly go blank...and no response from the computer... and at shut down the screen will go blank...

dreamweaver wont work, UT wont work!! just to many problems... win me wont even allow a dual boot of win 95/98
how lame is that?

although there are a few nice things about win me...but not enough to crazy about