Respawning objects

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

raydioactive

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
Ok, i'm very new to unreal ed so this may sound like a stupid question. I'v just constructed a small map and i added a few items to it, health packs, damage amp, etc. They are there in the map when i first load it, but they dont respawn, how do i make them respawn? Thanks in advance.

Jenkins

America's Greatest Kitten Mitten
Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
Open up your Classes:Info:GameInfo:TournamentGame /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gifeathMatchPlus

Highlight DeathMatchPlus and hit F6. Go into the LevelInfo /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gifefaultGameType and add it in. I've never tried this, so I'm not exactly sure if it will work.

Or you could start a deathmatch game w/ 0 bots, quit, then go open your level and it should respawn everything. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Jenkins

raydioactive

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
I tried what you sgested jenkins, but it still does'nt work. I also tried it on a ready made map and it did'nt respawn, thanks anyway. Any one else help me?

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Sounds like you're using the Unreal1 equipment and not the UT stuff. Here's the location for all of the Tournament specific equipment, it's best to use these to avoid problems.

Weapons: Inventory=>Weapon=>TournamentWeapon
Ammo: Inventory=>Pickup=>Ammo=>TournamentAmmo
Health: Inventory=>Pickup=>TournamentHealth
Pickups: Inventory=>Pickup=>TournamentPickup

raydioactive

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
Heh, Great, thanks guys, your suggestion worked, easy when you know how /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
I think i'm gonna end up being a regular on this forum, still unsure about a few things, but i'm learning, slowly. Thanks again.