Teams aren't starting in their correct position?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
S

Silencermvm

Just a couple questions...

1.)How do you set up teams for Assault or CTF?

2.)Why is it that they dont't start in the areas I want them to start? How do I fix this?

S

Silencermvm

I tried that out but I didn't find any sort of Team Attribute in the 'Pathnode' attributes except for 'ownerTeam' which didn't seem to work after I tried it. I've also tried setting the attackers to 1 and the defenders to 0 in the player start attributes but that doesn't work either. Any other ideas?

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
In PlayerStarts Properties=>PlayerStart=>Team
is what you change. It was already stated which numbers for which.

Pathnodes aren't team specific and are available to both teams bots.

To ensure that the PlayerStarts do work press F8=>Lighting tab=>Paths Define button.

S

Silencermvm

I didn't see any 'Team' attribute but I did see a 'TeamNumber' attribute which I set to numbers 1 and 0 for each team. I then tried Paths Define but nothing happened and when I started up the level it was deathmatch and not assault. Am I doing something wrong?

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Latch, we need to work on your people skills /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

But Latch has got a point. AS is probally something you shouldn't tackle first. Dom or CTF are generally better if you want to stay away from general DM.

S

Silencermvm

Oops, my mistake, I forgot that you had to start a practice session and select the map under assault to make it an assault map. I had it right all along. Anyways I've been looking at tons of different triggers and I can't find the one that allows you to modify the game time for more than 1 minute during an assault game. What is it called?

S

Silencermvm

Where can I find the fortstandard actors? Do you mean the defenders?

obi wan kaNEWBIE

Feb 4, 2000
Visit site
You can find the FortStandard under "Pawns"/"Stationary Pawns".

I thought this was pretty strange until I figured out that a Fort Standard is just an enemy that can't move that you get lots of points for killing/triggering.

Latch

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
Wanderer: yes, I know I can be abrasive, and since my attempts to help are usually wrong, I've decided to stop posting unless I have a question myself. Talk to you all much later.

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Latch, you can still help out. Besides, the more you learn, the more you can spread /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

S

Silencermvm

Ok, thanks that worked.

Does anyone know where I can find the textures used in AS-Overlord that are the signs above each of the teleporters telling you where they go? Basically the signs for Bunkers, Left and Right Guard Towers, and the Main Base.

S

Silencermvm

I first looked there then everywhere else and I didn't see them. Then I went back and saw that they were all one texture /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif)
Oops