ODD THING

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

garrett

dreaming lucidly
Aug 23, 2000
not really important just sharing something weird that happened to me in UT today

i was in the middle of playing U4E and got bored...so i opened the console and typed open dm-nullify(map i am making) it loads and i type killpawns...i don't get a fire to start screen or anything, it just let me start running around my level but my guy was invisible but i could here his footsteps and he ran slow.....and then on the bottom of the screne it said press ESC to begin i was like wtf...then my ESC key wouldn't work so i ctr-alt-del and ended UT....

i open ut again and my escape key isn't working again...and i see my logo map on there....nothing is working until i hit my right mouse button(jump for me) and i hear a guy jump but don't see the map..i can hear myself running around again but i'm still looking at the logo map....i was like WTF again..so i ctr-alt-del again and end...i restart the comp and everything is working fine....you would have to see to actually understand WTF i'm talking about lol

garrett

dreaming lucidly
Aug 23, 2000
lol figured someone would say that...but no...if you can read that post carefully you might get it :D

garrett

dreaming lucidly
Aug 23, 2000
i know ... but this is like it said press esc to begin..so i hit escape and nothing happens...the logo map was on the screen...and i was like playing in the background i could dodge and hear myself grunt and stuff...and i did restart UT and it did the same thing...err have i lost ya? :)

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
That have happend to me. Don't know which patch I had then.
But that happend when I did hit the Esc to fast when UT started up, even before the City-Intro had started.

garrett

dreaming lucidly
Aug 23, 2000
my task manager only had 1 copy running, and it wasn't b/c i hit escape fast b/c none of the keys worked except my mouse and my moving keys...none-the-less it was very....odd

garrett

dreaming lucidly
Aug 23, 2000
hmm could be boom ya never know maybe i should check it out...

oh ya and is it just me or does this smiley look messed up
circle.gif