UT Freezes?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

penguin

Oct 20, 2000
home.elp.rr.com
I start up UT and play like normal...no problem, but then after a minute or a few minutes my mouse and keyboard dont work...its as if they are not connected...UT keeps running but i cant do anything...whats happening?

penguin

Oct 20, 2000
home.elp.rr.com
one more thing...

i forgot to mention im running it under Windows Me... i have the latest version and the latest directx, i think the directx that comes after 7a b/c im using windows me

penguin

Oct 20, 2000
home.elp.rr.com
my specs

i have:
128mb ram
19gb hdd
amd k6 450mhz i think. (its over clocked to 500mhz)
aureal vortex sound card
nvidia riva tnt2 model 64 with 32 mb ram...
ut worked fine under win98

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
I used to have the same problem way back, and ever since I switched back to 56K recently it's popped up again. UT just freezes for what seems like a long time. However I've found if I leave it alone for a few minutes and come back to it it'll be fine. Have you tried that? My guess is that in my case it happens whenever my modem stops recieving data (I have a crappy one). Might be the same problem in your case. iF it's not that then maybe the version you're using. Did you install the new patch recently?

Robo-Junkie

Ghost of Robo-Past
Apr 30, 2000
IN
Does this happen when you're on a server or just when UT is starting up normally?

If it's during offline, is it like when you first press escape to get to the main menu from the intro movie? I know that when I had a lot of UT stuff installed, it would take quite a while for it to load up. If it isn't that, then try getting the newest patch (432) here

That should help. If not...

penguin

Oct 20, 2000
home.elp.rr.com
well it does this when im online and offline,
i have a cable modem...and the newest patch for ut... right now im using the driver that win me put in for my graphics card...should i just try to switch to the driver that came with my graphics card?

penguin

Oct 20, 2000
home.elp.rr.com
the cure?

well i think i fixed the problem...
in my control panel->system->device manager there was a problem with one of my devices (the sound blaster emulator for my aureal sound card)
so i disabled it, rebooted and tryed out ut...
this far it has been working with no problems...thus far
we shall see though

A_Huge_Sweaty_Baboon

The Baboon... HAS.... SPOKEN
Aug 12, 2000
My Groin Is Sore
Visit site
I KNOW I KNOW

i had the EXACT same problem and you are NOT gonna like the only way it can me fixed.

There is a Chip present on the K6-1,2,3 called ALI

Its seems to be discusted by TNT2's and doesnt let them do thier job.

Now, the only way to fix it (believe me, ive tried everything),

is to either get a new motherboard pentium(anything)class or celeron. Or get a new Video Card

Tough luck kid