Adding player start location

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Team_Guy

Sep 29, 2000
Visit site
I followed the UnrealEd2 turorial at modcentral built my level added lights and textures but when i got to the end it told me this -> Now for the player start, click the Actor Class button, or select View > Actor Class Browser from the menus. A tree view pops up, click the + sign next to NavigationPoint, and select PlayerStart. Now right click on the 3D view where you want your player to start, and select Add Player Start Here, this will add the playerstart to the level.

When i click on actor class browser no tree view pops up. What am I doing wrong?

smally

Jan 30, 2000
Weaverville, NC USA
Visit site
Hmmm, well it should. I know with the 428 patch some ppl were having problems w/ that (saying that they couldn't view the actor class browser). I never had that problem but i guess some ppl did. Mabey the best thing to do, if you haven't already, would be to get the 432 patch. Now be warned the 432 patch has a few problems of it's own but i haven't run into anything catastrophic yet so...? But I haven't heard anybody having the actor class browser problem yet.
And it would just be a good idea to get it because they have finally added alot of really cool things to it. Such as being able to dock all your browsers into one window w/ tabs to view individual things (textures, actors, sound, etc.) They also have the 2d shape editor doing everything it used to do + more! And my personal favorite, they've now added a "groups" browser that works similar to "vis groups" in worldcraft which was something Ued has needed for a long time :)
Anyway i hope the patch fixes it for you and good luck on learning how to map