How to make a constant moving mover....?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Hi all,

Im building a train that is moving all the time (driving in a circle or something) i've just finished my train and its looking goor but i cant get the f*ckin thing to move across the track i made for it... i can get it to move from its startingposition to another place right across the map but its going in a straight line only. (i've used a mover) but how can i make it that the train keeps moving around the track? (in circles?) and it must keep moving......

tnx

X

Soul on Ice
Apr 24, 2000
ON,CA
Have you tried interpolation points? they just keep on looping ti'll they are told to end, i'm not sure if you can use a mover with them but it's worth checking up on

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
Use a Loopmover. Set its Obect-InititialState to Loopmove and start it with a trigger. Place the Keyframes and it will move in circles...actually you cant get it to move in true circles you haven't got enough keyframes for that..

SO i have no idea how you could make a nice circular movement.
The Loopmover WILL go around the way yuo specified and then instead of going backwards it will continue it's path by the first keyframe.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
no its rot really suppose to go in a crcle its like this:

ivé made a map (a harbour) and ive put a traintrack in it and the track is a loop, i also made a brush (the train) and made it a mover and ive put it on the track and i can ake it move in a straight line and back but it dont know how to make it move along the track this is what i want to make.....

sorry explained it so lousy before.....
and for my bad english........
:)

juuk

Skilled
Feb 4, 2000
The Netherlands
What you could do is use path points and the looping objectpath script (the script is on my www)This way you have more keyframes for your mover and with the script you can get it to loop.Though i haven't tested the script yet,because i haven't written it.

J-NL

CraZyHorSer

Nov 22, 2004
I suppose you could try creating a large room, design you mover then measure the distance between each side of the circle, then in the centre make a smallcube below the mover and create block around the train and the block then interselect i think and create mover (online) rotating mover (offline) then set the keypoint to the block in the middle of the block and place it wher you want and click key 1, then select rotating brush and rotate it 360 degrees and set key 2
i think this wiill work. :p

chip

Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
couple of questions... what game is this for (UT, UT2003/4)? the answer will make a diff in how to proceed. also, is the track truly circular or just curving in a closed loop?

chip

Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
CraZyHorSer said:
sorry this is for ut 99, :p
next question: was the Matinee system implemented in the UT '99 engine build(s) (i've only mapped/modded for U1, UT2003/4)? if so, you can use that to create a looping, non-circular motion path for your train (Matinee is not only for cinematics).

in the absence of Matinee, then using InterpolationPoints seems the best best (from what i remember of Unreal 1 mapping, which ain't much), though i can't offer any specifics on the method.

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
There was no matinee system in UT, it's an UnrealEngine2 feature (so the first Unreal game to have it was UT2003).

I dug this up on the UWiki, it's a bit buried since it's outdated (but if this is for UT99 that's all for the better). UWiki: Movers With More Than 8 Keys

Edit: Actually, UWiki: Making An Interpolation Path says that movers can be made to follow them. Interpolation is a really messy business though, it produces nice results but the approximation by many mover keys method would be a lot easier (although still complicated).

Last edited: