UT problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SilentStrike

Jun 18, 2000
Visit site
I got a couple of problems.

Firstly, my moron brother went into #PlanetUnreal, talked a bunch of ****, and got my IP banned from the channel. Not fun :(. I smacked him around a bit though, fun ;).

Second, I recently had some windows troubles. I continually got a VFAT bluescreen whenever I booted and was missing startup files. Reinstalling windows got rid of that problem, but in came a couple of others.

I cannot play MP3s with Winamp. I get a "error setting output format on writer." Napster still plays MP3s fine. I got new sound card drivers for my SBLive, but that didn't resolve the issue.

I also cannot stay connected to a UT server for more than 15 seconds without the server not responding for 5+ seconds and usually getting disconnected. Any solutions to this? I am using the 428 patch with Loki's OpenGL renderer.. and I really don't want to upgrade to 432 before another OGL renderer is ported, simply cause it performs so much better than D3D on my system.

Any help would be appreciated.