Downloading small-sized mutators...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kray

Time chaser
Sep 17, 2000
Fool's Paradise
utgallery.tripod.com
Ok, this is probably gonna sound very lame and silly, but when I download a small-sized (5-15 kbytes) mutator from ModCentral, it shows the mutator code on my browser rather than transferring / saving the file as a umod file. I tried cut/paste/save the code to umod and even "Save Target As" but its more of a hit and miss, some work some dont.

I tried their forum and guess what - its empty. So how do I download small-sized mutators in a umod file rather than having the code shown on my browser? Thanks.

p.s. I'm using IE5.

Robo-Junkie

Ghost of Robo-Past
Apr 30, 2000
IN
IE 5 worked fine for me when I was downloading stuff. It might be your computer configuration or something. Well, try opening the link (to the file) in a new window & see if that helps any, as it did for me. :)

Ultron

Robot XMP Beta Tester
Mar 6, 2000
Secret Hideout
clans.utworld.net
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

All you have to do is RIGHT CLICK on the link. Then SAVE TARGET AS. You're browser thinks the UMOD is a text file, that's why you view the code, rather than download it. So what you is force Internet Explorer to download it by doing what I say. Then when it's on your hard drive, you remove the .TXT extension to is. It might look like this originally:

MUTATOR.UMOD.TXT

You need it to look like this:
MUTATOR.UMOD

Then you should be able to run it then. Let me know if you have any more problems. :)

Robo-Junkie

Ghost of Robo-Past
Apr 30, 2000
IN
Ultron,

He already said in his first post that he used Save target as! It probably is just his office firewall tho, so he may just have to limit his UT downloading to at home. :p